Add next in . Do NOT use www. for the new_domain Maria's Blue Crayon: Farm Blanket Granny Square Joining and Border

Sunday, March 10, 2019

Farm Blanket Granny Square Joining and Border


Welcome to the last week of the Farm Blanket Crochet Along! It has been so much fun seeing everyone's progress and I can't wait to see all of the finished blankets!

In this last week, we will be joining all the granny squares then adding a border.
Click here to find the main post of the crochet along.

I love to join granny squares by crocheting them together. Personally, I think it's a pretty quick and easy way to get the job done!

Below, you will find the layout of the blanket and a video of exactly how I crochet the squares together. I typically join the squares together vertically, then horizontally. You can do it vice versa, either way works!

Farm Blanket Layout

Use J/6.00mm hook and red yarn to join granny squares.






*If you are not able to view the video above, you may need to disable your ad-blocker momentarily.

Border

Use J/6.00mm hook
Attach cranberry yarn to the corner of the blanket after it is joined. 
Ch 2, 5hdc in corner, hdc across, *5hdc in next corner, hdc across, repeat from * around the blanket. Join to first hdc. Fasten off and weave in ends.

Please share your finished blankets in my Facebook group! I would love to see them!
Also, if you enjoyed this Farm theme blanket, be sure to check out my other themed blankets!

Labels: ,