Add next in . Do NOT use www. for the new_domain Maria's Blue Crayon: Best Crochet Stitches for Blankets

Saturday, January 14, 2017

Best Crochet Stitches for Blankets

Crochet is endless in terms of stitches and patterns! I've rounded up my favorite stitches to be used in afghans, throws, and blankets.

Be sure to pin this post to your Pinterest boards for safe keeping!




1. Waffle Stitch


This crochet stitch gives you a waffle like texture. This stitch will give you a solid, warm, and squishy blanket! Everything you want in a cozy blanket to snuggle up in.

I made my own waffle stitch blanket with blocks of color for my son - I love it!

Get the tutorial here.

2. Granny Crochet Stitch


A classic granny stitch in rows. This stitch only consists of double crochet and chains!  Get the pattern here


3. Crossed Half Double Crochet Stitch



Perfect for a knitted look. Click here for the pattern.


4. Moss Stitch


Great for beginners! Video tutorial here



5. C2C Stitch


I love love the C2C stitch! In this tutorial, I show you how to use half double crochets (versus the double crochets) using the C2C stitch technique. I find using the half double crochets gives you less gaps/holes in the blanket which makes it warmer!


6. Shell stitch



Perfect for a delicate feel! Check out the tutorial here.


7. Basket Weave Stitch


This makes a great thick blanket for maximum cuddles! Video and written tutorial here.


8. Spider Stitch


I made a big blanket with the spider stitch and it's wonderful! It's an easy stitch and gives such a pretty texture.


9. Pebble Stitch



This photo tutorial shows you how to make this pretty stitch.

10. Bobbles


Bobbles are such a fun texture in crochet! In this tutorial, I show you how to alternate bobble and double crochet rows to make a large granny square - video tutorial plus written pattern included!


What stitch will you choose? And which one's have you tried already?

Labels: ,